Each Journal issue is centered on a specific topic, announced by a Call for Papers. Articles on other topics which are relevant to the mission of JCRAS are also accepted.
Contributors are kindly asked to submit their manuscripts electronically, at:
Articles and research notes should be accompanied by:
- A short abstract in English (1/2 page maximum),
- 4-6 keywords,
- A short presentation of the author/s including: (academic) title, institutional affiliation, research interests, and contact data – including e-mail address.
- Optional: suggestions for 3-4 potential reviewers to be contacted for blind peer review. The proposed reviewers should be specialists in the topic of the article, they should be affiliated with a different institution than the author, and they should not be in a position of conflict of interests if reviewing the paper.
All articles are published in English, or French.
The manuscripts should be submitted as Word (.doc) files, edited without styles (simple text), with graphics, illustrations and maps inserted in text or sent separately as .jpeg or .png files. Special attention should be paid to the graphic quality of figures.
- Articles should have 6000-9000 words; research notes should have 3000-8000 words.
- Font: Times New Roman, size 12;
- Tables should be numbered and labeled, including a brief description: Table 1…, Table 2…
- Charts, maps and other illustrations should be numbered and labeled, including a brief description: Figure 1…., Figure 2…
- References should be cited in the text according to the Harvard style. Please follow the referencing detailes included in the Citing & Referencing Guide of the Imperial College, London.
Only original, unpublished studies are accepted.
As part of the Publication Agreement, the Author and the Publisher agree to grant the following Creative Commons copyright license in the Article to the general public: Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives 2.5 License, which is incorporated herein by reference and is further specified at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/legalcode.
Authors are free to post their articles on personal web-pages.
There are no charges for submission and publication in this Journal.
All articles are initially scrutinized by the editors, who decide if they match the scholarship level and research focus of the Journal. Articles are then reviewed in a double-blind refereeing system. Authors who submit revised versions of their manuscripts should also send a letter detailing all changes made, as a response to reviewer’s suggestions. A response template is available here (.doc file).
For reviewers: the review form is available here (.doc file).